JCP&L Preparing for Arriving Storm
Utility Company bringing in extra crews to combat outages.
With at least a few inches of snow expected to fall in our area and strong winds blowing through JCP&L is preparing for any possible power outages with the approaching storm.
According to information provided by Howell Township Manager Helene Schlegel the company has already taken several steps to prepare for the storm that could include not only precipitation but also winds with gusts of up to 60 MPH.
JCP&L said they are also taking the following additional steps:
• Bringing in more than 120 line personnel and hazard responders from FirstEnergy’s Ohio utilities to support restoration efforts
• Securing 120 tree contractor crews to respond to tree-related conditions
• Communicating with emergency management officials, state officials, regulators and local officials about our storm preparation efforts
• Activating the JCP&L storm information page on the 24/7 Power Center
• Notifying well water and life support customers about the potential for power outages
For residents who do lose power, JCP&L is encouraging them to report outages through their new smartphone app. The app can be found by searching FirstEnergy in their online store. Outages can also be reported by calling 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877).