Presidential Candidates Decided, but Tuesday's Primary Goes On
Voters will decide U.S. Senate, House of Representatives, county and local candidates on June 5.
Polls will be open for voters on Today, June 5 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. for the primary election.
Votes cast for republican presidential hopefuls will carry little weight, as Mitt Romney already received the party's nomination after winning in Texas. However, voters will have the opportunity to select their candidates for the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives, Monmouth County, and Middletown Township Committee.
- Democratic candidates for U.S. Senate: Robert Menendez
- Republican Candidates for U.S. Senate: Joe Rullo, David Brown, Bader Qarmout, Joe Kyrillos.
- Democratic County Clerk: Michael Steinhorn
- Republican County Clerk: Claire French
- Republican Board of Chosen Freeholders, Full Term: John Curley
- Democratic Board of Chosen Freeholders, Full Term: William Shea
- Republican Board of Chosen Freeholders, One Year Term: Serena DiMaso
- Democratic Board of Chosen Freeholders, One Year Term: Kevin Lavan
- Republican County Committee, Male: William A. Meyler
- Republican County Committee, Female: Stephanie C. Murray
- Democratic County Committee, Male: J. Gregory Gibadlo
- Middletown Township Committee (uncontested): Linda S. Baum (D), Stephen G. Massell, incumbent Republican Deputy Mayor
Sample ballots can be viewed by clicking here.
Addition information on Baum and Massell can be viewed in this previous Patch article.