Update: Since publication on noon on Jan. 27, several new reviews have been posted on Patch about some of these businesses.
Did you know you can rate and review hundreds of Middletown, NJ-area businesses and restaurants in our directory? Businesses are rated on a scale of one to five with five stars being excellent and one star indicating a poor rating.
Here are excerpts from a few of the recent reviews posted in January, 2013 by Middletown-NJ Patch readers:
Five star ratings
"Bought a washer, it was delivered the next day i found a leak, the owner came out and found that the leak was in my wall, Thank you for all your help!" - Read more reviews, good and bad, posted by customers of Community Appliance on Route 35, just past Kane's Lane.
"never been but once hope to go back again soon. I found 2 wonderfl fancy dresses for new years eve. when I took one to the dry cleaners to have the straps altered and she told me $38.00 I told her I only paid 10 for the dress (the tag was still on) she couldnt believe I got such a beutiful dress for such a low price and she lowered the altereations to $20.00. I went out for New years looking like a million when I only had 3.00 in my pocket. Love you Guts" - Read more postitive reviews posted by customers of Calico Cat Thrift Shoppe on King's Highway.
"Got a good deal on a futon here, plus delivery and setup. It's nice that there are still some small businesses around, where the service is a little more personal than the big places." Read about Walt's Sleep Shop on Route 35 North, just past Kane's Lane.
One star ratings
"Decent bagels but the staff and owner are completely miserable. Not a shred of personality in this place and they DO NOT make you feel welcome. You sell an experience which keeps a customer coming back and this place sells rudeness. Not going back and I'm spreading the word." Read more reviews, good and bad, of Hole Lot of Bagels on Route 35, at New Monmouth Road.
Want to share your opinion about a local business? Visit our directory, search for the business you want to review and look for the "Rate this business" link directly beneath the company name.
You might also be interested in reading:
- New Mayor Announces Plan: Shop in Middletown, Earn Property Tax Relief (Video) Mayor Gerard Scharfenberger said the township is working to debut a new loyalty card that will give people an incentive to shop local -- by giving them a break on their property taxes.
- Planning to Paint? The Post-Sandy Palette Is All About 'Warmth' Paint chips, and tips, from a color expert at Middletown's Sherwin-Williams Paint Store on Route 35.
- Luxury Hotel For Dogs To Open In Middletown K-9 Resorts Daycare and Luxury Hotel will offer posh lodging for well-loved dogs.
- Business Owners Can Scan This List For Helpful Resources Several federal, state and county agencies that offer help to Hurricane-Sandy affected businesses came to Middletown to introduce themselves.
- Police: Armed Robbery At a North Middletown Deli The Bray Avenue Deli & Grocery was held up.
- Sabatos Prime Meats: Same As it Ever Was Since 1978, the last butcher left in Campbell's Junction has been serving up homemade sausage, ground beef to order and a greeting at the door.