Invite a friend
Caras and Colleagues – An Exhibition and Sale Celebrating the 85th Anniversary of The duCret School of Art
Slated to be NJ’s largest Representational Art Show and Sale, the Middletown Arts Center Presents: "Caras and Colleagues – An Exhibition and Sale Celebrating the 85th Anniversary of The duCret School of Art”. Benefitting New Jersey’s oldest, non-profit art school, the exhibition will be on display from November 1 through November 26th.
Over 150 pieces of artwork from many genres, will be on display, including: Walt Disney Art, NFL Art, Fantasy Art, Fine Art, Western Art, Romance & Paperback Novel Art, Still Life Art, Landscape Art, Religious Art and Animal Art –all with a standard of excellence that the duCret School of Art prides itself on.
The show will feature several original works from Norman Rockwell, James Bama, Robert McGinnis, J.C. Leyendecker, as well as some of today’s most notable NJ artists and illustrators, including: Mike Kupka, Mark Romanoski, Peter Ambush, Vince Natale, Rich Bazzanella, Mike Donato, Rhoda Yannow, Paul Casale, Thomas Valenti and world renowned wildlife artists Leslie Delgyer and Doug Allen. Many of the exhibiting artists will be present at the opening reception. The art show and sale will remain on exhibit until Monday, November 26th.
In accordance with the show, throughout the month of November there will be a lecture/demonstration series hosted by four duCret Faculty Members. The series will be held at the Middletown Arts Center on the following dates and times: Friday November 9th from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m., Peter Caras, " Rockwell and the Art of Illustration" / Saturday, November 10th from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., Leslie Delgyer, "Pastel Animal Painting" / Friday, November 16th from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Michael Donato, “Renaissance Painting Techniques” / Saturday, November 17th from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Mark Romanoski, “Comic Book and Fantasy Illustration”.
To download the press release, visit:http://www.middletownarts.org/docs/duCRET_ART_SHOW_SALE_DEMONSTRATIONS.pdf
Please view the Middletown Arts Center Web site for Gallery Hours.
More About Middletown Arts Center
Located next to the Middletown Train Station is the Middletown Arts Center. Run by the Middletown Township Cultural & Arts Council, the Arts Center is a non-profit facility that hosts numerous diverse programs and classes in art, dance, music and media for people of all ages. The Center boasts an art gallery where various regional, local and international artwork is displayed and is available for purchase. Special discounts are available for members of the Council. Classes and events schedule is available on the Council website.
Other events here
- Stained Glass and Mosaic Workshop Weekly on Saturdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Child's Dreaming Tree Arts Class Weekly on Tuesdays, 4:30 pm–6:00 pm
- Hip Hop for Teens & Adults Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Guitar Workshops with Andy McDonough Weekly on Tuesdays, 8:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Sewing for Adults Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Mommy and Me Arts Fun at the MAC Weekly on Wednesdays, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Watercolor with Laura French Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Argentine Tango Practicas Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Club MAC Luau Party Fri, May 31, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Art Parties for Adults with Tresse DeLorenzo April 19, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / June 21, 2013, 7:00 pm–9:30 pm