Invite a friend
Mother Goose Story time at the Middletown Library
“Mother Goose” is an early language, literacy, and social experience for infants and toddlers with their parents and caregivers.
Children will sit on their grown-ups' laps to share songs and rhymes and to participate in a brief book sharing experience.
Afterwards, we’ll have a social time with toys and books.
This first group experience provides infants and toddlers with an opportunity to learn to enjoy being with other children and to participate in parallel play.
“Mother Goose” also fosters the development of body awareness, fine motor coordination, and language skills.
For Children ages 0-23 months with an adult.
Pre-registration is required at mtpl.org or by calling 732-671-3700x340.
More About Middletown Township Public Library
The main branch of four in the township, Middletown Township Public Library underwent a massive renovation in 2005. The present-day building which is centrally-located on New Monmouth Road has plenty of space and amenities for the township's residents as well as the general public. In addition to free wireless connection, computer access is available in two-hour blocks for residents and one-hour time slots for non-residents as are a large collection of fiction, non-fiction and audio books, as well as videos, CDs, DVDs. Special events, such as author talks, community recognition celebrations, computer classes and township book group meetings are held at the main branch on a regular basis. The staff and library facilities also cater to various age groups: kids, teens, adults and 50+ patrons. There is also a Job Help Center on the premises.
Other events here
- The Noble Writers Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Read To A Dog @ the Middletown Library January 16, 2013 / March 20, 2013 / April 17, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / June 19, 2013, 4:00 pm–4:45 pm
- LEGO Family Free-Play March 13, 2013 / March 27, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / April 24, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 26, 2013, 6:00 pm–6:45 pm
- Conversational Spanish Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Neighbors-helping-Neighbors Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Mental Health: In Our Own Voice Tomorrow, May 22, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Neighbors-helping-Neighbors Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Teen Book Club Fri, May 24, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Teen Manga Club May 10, 2013 / May 24, 2013, 3:30 pm–4:30 pm