Invite a friend
Ross Riordan Piano Concert at Middletown Township Public Library
Pianist Ross Riordan will be performing original compositions, in concert on Sunday, December 30, 2012, beginning at 2:00 p.m.
Riordan’s style defies categorization. He incorporates lively, complex rhythms as well as quiet, brooding melodies. Ross is constantly working on his compositions, whether he is sitting in front of a piano or not.
Riordan has been studying piano with Elvira Hortolanyi Major since 2006. He has received classical training as well as instruction in improvisation and composition from Ms. Major, who can trace her line of instructors back to Carl Czerny, a student of Beethoven and a teacher of Liszt.
He has been recognized with five certificates from the American College of Musicians’ Piano Guild, passing with distinction the music theory exam of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music.
Ross has participated in annual recitals as well as many impromptu performances at the Atrium at Navesink Harbor.
More About Middletown Township Public Library
The main branch of four in the township, Middletown Township Public Library underwent a massive renovation in 2005. The present-day building which is centrally-located on New Monmouth Road has plenty of space and amenities for the township's residents as well as the general public. In addition to free wireless connection, computer access is available in two-hour blocks for residents and one-hour time slots for non-residents as are a large collection of fiction, non-fiction and audio books, as well as videos, CDs, DVDs. Special events, such as author talks, community recognition celebrations, computer classes and township book group meetings are held at the main branch on a regular basis. The staff and library facilities also cater to various age groups: kids, teens, adults and 50+ patrons. There is also a Job Help Center on the premises.
Other events here
- American Sign Language Teen Study Group Weekly on Sundays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Robotics @ MTPL Tomorrow, May 19, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Job Help Computer Study Group Weekly on Mondays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Monday Movies @ MTPL Weekly on Mondays, 2:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Puzzle Egg Hunt @ MTPL Mon, May 20, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Monmouth Conservatory Student String Orchestra Mon, May 20, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Humpty Dumpty @ Other Egg-Cellent Friends-Dress for Mess Tue, May 21, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Humpty Dumpty @ Other Egg-Cellent Friends-Dress for Mess Tue, May 21, 10:45 am–11:15 am
- Student Loans and Maximizing Financial Aid Tue, May 21, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Conversational English Classes at Middletown Public Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm