This year marks the 11th Anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks in New York City, Washington D.C. and United Airlines Flight 93.
Every town surrounding us experienced loss, and gathers every year to remember innocent lives lost.
Whether you attend a ceremony or remember in your own private way, take a moment to think of those who died that fateful day, and the families they left behind.
- Marlboro officials and residents will meet at the Sept. 11 memorial at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, located at the , for a wreath laying ceremony to honor victims.
- Matawan will in Memorial Park on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. Memorial Park is located at the intersection of Broad Street and Main Street. A will be constructed to honor lives lost, families left behind and first responders.
- Hazlet residents will gather for a Candle Light Vigil sponsored by Hazlet Recreation on Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 7:30 pm. at located on Union Avenue.
- Holmdel invites its residents to join in a ceremony . The names of the victims of the terrorist attacks who have a Holmdel connection will be read out loud, and a family member or friend will place a rose and lit candle on the 9/11 memorial in front of .
- Middletown will with a wreath-laying on Tuesday, September 11 at 8:46 a.m. at the Middletown WTC Memorial Gardens.
- Old Bridge officials will dedicate its newly acquired World Trade Center artifact on Tuesday at 6 p.m. The memorial is located at the Old Bridge Township Municipal Plaza at the intersection of Cottrell Road and County Road 516. The ceremony is open to the public. In the event of rain, the ceremony will take place in the Civic Center.
- Manalapan will hold a candlelight memorial ceremony on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m., at the . The memorial is located on the Manalapan Township Arboretum.
- Englishtown will be having a ceremony at the Englishtown Fire Dept, 3 So. Main Street, Englishtown at 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Freehold's is holding a "Cry Out America Prayer" on Tuesday at noon on the grass near the statue in front of the . The event is open to all and will run about an hour.
- Keyport Fire Departments will hold the annual remembrance at American Legion Drive on the waterfront on Tuesday at 7 p.m. All welcome.
- Union Beach: Memorial Services will be at 8:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. at Firefighter's Park on Front Street.
- Atlantic Highlands: A 7 p.m. service hosted by Monmouth County Park System will be held at Mount Mitchell Scenic Overlook, 460 Ocean Boulevard. Parking is limited. Shuttle buses will be available at East Pointe Plaza, 2390 Route 36, between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Red Bank: A ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. Riverside Gardens. A repast will be available at the Elks Lodge next door to the park, immediately following the service.
On September 11, 2001:
At 8:46 a.m., a plane hit North Tower of the World Trade Center.
At 9:03 a.m., a second plane hit the South Tower.
At 9:37 a.m., a place crashes into the western wing of the Pentagon.
At 9:59 a.m., the South Tower begins to collapse.
At 10:03 a.m., Flight 93 crashed into a field in Somerset County, PA.
At 10:28 a.m., the North Tower begins to collapse.
To those impacted by the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, those who lost and those who survived, Patch honors you.