eMedical Office's urgent care center celebrated the completion of its recent $500,000 renovation with an open house event and ribbon-cutting ceremony March 31, marking the center’s 30th year of providing quality medical care to Monmouth County residents.
“This project began about two years ago when we were faced with a decision – move the practice to a newer, more modern space, or work with the landlord to renovate the current space. After nearly 30 years in this location, you can imagine that this decision wasn’t an easy one! We chose to stay here in Middletown and continue serving the residents of Monmouth County,” Raymond Iannaccone, MD, president and chief executive officer of eMedical Offices, explained during the event.
“This is a great day for us not just because of this renovation project, but because this is the start of a revitalized practice. Wallpaper and paint are just stuff, but the true heart of our practice is our people, our providers and our patients,” said Dr. Iannaccone.
The renovation project, which began in November 2013, resulted in:
- A new registration area that maximizes patient privacy
- A new, large waiting area with new TVs and a play area for children
- An autism-friendly exam room
- Two additional exam rooms, bringing the total number to eight, for quicker service
- A state-of-the-art digital X-ray system, which enables patients to receive copies of their X-rays on disk
- A workers’ compensation suite, which centralizes all of the services and equipment needed to provide occupational health services.
- A hot beverage station with complimentary tea and coffee
Middletown Township’s Deputy Mayor Kevin Settembrino and Terence H. Biggs II, executive director of the Northern Monmouth Chamber of Commerce, also spoke during the ceremony. Attendees included township officials, local business leaders and local physicians.
“The Township Committee wishes you continued success in your newly renovated location,” said Settembrino. “We are proud that you are a member of Middletown’s vibrant business community.
center has been serving Monmouth County residents in its current location since
April 1984. Photographs of Monmouth County landmarks and local landscapes are
the focal point of the renovated space’s new beach-themed décor. In fact, the
urgent care center held a contest, inviting local photography students to submit
black and white photos of their favorite Monmouth County landscapes. The work
of 11 students was chosen to be displayed in the center. Those students are:
- Halie Aaron – Communications High School, Wall Township
- Bethany Hintze – Middletown High School North
- Caroline Ibarra – Communications High School, Wall Township
- Allie Kuo -- Communications High School, Wall Township
- Patricia Lowney – Communications High School, Wall Township
- Meagan McDowell – Communications High School, Wall Township
- Julia Pardee - Communications High School, Wall Township
- Leo Ross - Communications High School, Wall Township
- Emily Syrdale – Middletown High School North, Middletown
- Sarah Takash – Communications High School, Wall Township
- Jen Villavicencio – Communications High School, Wall Township
About eMedical Offices Urgent Care Center
eMedical Offices provides complete urgent care and occupational health services delivered by board-certified emergency physicians, family physicians and internists working with highly trained radiology techs and medical assistants. Our physicians diagnose and treat a variety of conditions, including colds, coughs and sore throats; ear infections; nausea and vomiting; allergies and rashes; urinary tract infections; sprains and strains; cuts and fractures. When patients require additional care, physicians can provide referrals to specialists, such as primary care physicians, orthopedists, allergists and ophthalmologists.
The office is open seven days a week, 365 days a year, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Patients are seen on a walk-in basis without appointment. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. For more information, call (732) 957-0707 or visit www.emedicaloffices.com.