Each week Patch will be taking a look at the best Local Voices posts by our area bloggers and invite you to join the conversation.
Do you an opinion on the issues that impact your community? Do you have a skill or hobby you would like to share with your friends and neighbors?
How about blogging your experience participating in or cheering on a loved one at the New Jersey Marathon on Sunday?
Patch has made our blogging platform easier to use. Read the instructions under the "Start Blogging" section below to post your first piece.
Certified personal trainer Lynn Mele offers tips on how to plan an at-home exercise program and, more importantly, stick to it.
Author and foodie Lindsay Griesbach says growing a small herb garden and using them in your signature dishes makes cooking that much more satisfying.
Restaurant critic LisaMarie Berger analyzes what makes a great burger and lists her favorite spots to grab one in Monmouth County.
Autism blogger Kimberlee Rutan McCafferty discusses her family’s experience with the Philadelphia International Airport’s “Airport Autism Accessibility Program.”
Job search instructor Nancy Range Anderson says volunteering provides valuable skills employers look for when hiring.
Think you want to blog on Middletown Patch? Getting started is simple. First, you would need to create a user account on Patch, if you haven't already:
- Go to middletown-nj.patch.com
- Click on "Sign Up" at the top of the page
- Follow the simple instructions on confirming your account
You want to make sure your profile tells us (and potential readers) a little bit about you:
- Log onto Middletown Patch and click on your name
- Click on Edit Profile on the left
- Fill out the "Short Bio" section with just a few sentences about yourself. (E.g. Where do you live? How long have you been in the area? What's your profession? What do you like to do? )
- Click on "Profile Photos" and just upload a single headshot there
Then, visit http://middletown-nj.patch.com/blog and click the "Write a New Blog Post" button. You’re ready to go!