Plowing operations will continue into Friday evening, officials said in a winter storm update alert.
"Although roads have been plowed, salted, sanded, and treated with brine, driving conditions will continue to be poor due to extreme cold temperatures," a township statement reads. "Salt and brine become significantly less effective when temperatures are below 20 degrees."
A low of 1 degree is expected Friday night, according to the National Weather Service. Saturday will be sunny, with a high of 29 degrees.
The township reports that no significant tree damage, power outages or beach erosion has been caused by the storm.
Below is a list of Friday winter storm closures provided by Middletown officials:
- Town Hall today is closed except for police and emergency personnel.
- The Middletown Library is closed today.
- There is no garbage or recycling collection today.
- All Recreation Department programs are cancelled for today and this weekend. Any permits for the Croydon Hall Gym are cancelled for today and the weekend.
- The Senior Center will be closed for the weekend.
- The Middletown Arts Center is closed today, but will be open for events Saturday and Sunday.
- The Recycling Center on Kanes Lane will be open tomorrow during regular hours.