As we look ahead to November’s elections, Middletown Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Township Committee: Incumbent Deputy Mayor Stephen G. Massell (R) will face Democratic challenger Linda S. Baum for a three-year term.
- Monmouth County Freeholders: Voters will fill one three-year term, with Republican incumbent John Curley facing Democratic challenger William Shea, who was defeated in his freeholder bid in 2011. Incumbent Republican Freehold Serena DiMaso will seek a one-year, unexpired term. DiMaso faces Democratic challenger Kevin Lavan.
- 6th Congressional District: Incumbent Frank Pallone (D), who has been in office since 1988, will once again take on Republican challenger Anna Little. Pallone defeated Little in 2010.
- 12th Congressional District: Incumbent Rush Holt (D), who has been in office since 1998, will take on Republican challenger Eric Beck.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.